Mark S. Horrigan
ATTORNEY AT LAW
Attorney Mark S. Horrigan, Seasoned, Versatile Trial Lawyer
He has over 30 years of active, in-depth litigation experience. He has over 20 years of active, in-depth litigation experience. During that time he defended business policyholders against personal injury and workers' compensation claims. For six of those years he specialized in the defense of construction site injuries. Although his practice is now limited to representing plaintiffs, Mark's experience with the insurer was invaluable. It thoroughly grounded him on how to effectively evaluate and resolve claims with insurers. Mark has tried a wide array of cases to a jury verdict. For instance, they have included fall down accidents, construction site accidents, auto accidents, medical malpractice, wrongful termination/defamation claims, negligent security, products liability, murder, armed robbery, drunk driving, etc. The number of cases Mark has tried to a jury verdict roughly places him in the top 3% of practicing Massachusetts lawyers in terms of the extent of his experience. Mark also has had very substantial workers' compensation litigation experience. This has run the full gamut of workers’ compensation claims, including permanent and total disability, death, toxic exposure and heart attack claims. Attorney Horrigan continues to review and evaluate potential medical malpractice cases in collaboration with a loosely associated attorney, outside of the office with over 30 years of malpractice experience. Finally, he handles immigration matters, often on a collaborative basis with his wife and associate, Attorney Nancy B. Norman-Horrigan, an immigration specialist.
Career Highlights - Mark S. Horrigan, ESQ.
$925,000 settlement in 2006 of Big Dig Construction Site Accident, $675,000 jury verdict in construction site personal injury case in October, 1998 subsequently settled for $725,000; won four permanent and total disability judgments on behalf of claimants at DIA; first degree murder case tried to a conviction on 10/10/96 and subsequently vacated by agreement with the entry of a not guilty finding; conducted many direct and cross examinations of physicians; approximately 75 jury trials to a verdict and over 75 bench trials to a judgment $450,000 jury verdict in Plymouth County in defamation case on behalf of former Massachusetts Highway Department employee against road construction contractor subsequently settled for $ 540,000; defense verdicts in approximately 85% of insurance defense trials; and a 1984, $150,000 defamation jury verdict against a university.
- New England Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 1982
- Sulfolk University, Boston, Massachusetts
- MPA - 1979
- Wausau Ins. Co., Law Office of William F. Caples, Staff trial counsel, 1984 to 1995
Current Employment Position
- Sole Practitioner
- Motor vehicle accidents 50%
- Workers' compensation 15%
- Social security disability 15%
- Construction site accidents 10%
- misc litigation + transactional divorce, criminal, wrongful termination, etc 10%
- Massachusetts, 1982
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit, 1983
- David Freeman v. Bechtel Parsons Brinckerhoff, 2004-05168, 2006, Suffolk Superior
- Michael Perrone v. Aqualine Resources, Inc., 96-2943-H, 1998, Suffolk Superior
- Tulio Quezada et al v. Habitech, Inc. and Ty Terry, 2012-02133-F, 2013, Middlesex Superior